He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. – Roy L. Smith
|Photo: Greg Nissen, Flickr ccl|
I hope that today finds you healthy, happy and surrounded by those you love and who love you. Remember the reason for this day and keep it in your heart the whole year through. It's not about what we find under a tree, but what we emotionally give to others of ourselves – love, support, understanding and joy.
Luke 2: 1-14
1. And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.
2. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Love those who love you and hold them close in your heart. Reach out to those who need your help if you’re able, and find the spirit of Christmas in your heart every day of the year.
If you like this post retweet it using the link at top right, or share using any of the links below.
Questions? Comments? Derogatory remarks?